LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview talking to agilent 54830B oscilloscope

Our lab recently bought an Agilent oscilloscope.  I have installed the appropriate software and drivers that I found on the NI website.  However I am relatively new to all this.  I was wondering if anyone knew of a typical setup for such a labview program.  I know that I need to initiliaze parameters, grab data...  My application is using an ultrasound probe to grab one scan line of data and plot it.  Is there an good documentation out there, which provides a clear description of how to start and build up a labview interface for grabbing data from the Agilent oscilloscope?

Thanks,

Tom 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,362 Views)
Hey Tom -

Have you had the chance to download the Instrument driver for your Agilent 54830B Oscilloscope?  The best way to learn how to create your own LabVIEW application for an instrument is to view the example programs that come with the Instrument driver.  You can modify the examples to use as a basis for your application.  Once you install the instrument driver on your machine, you can find the examples from your function palette by going to:  Instrument Drivers>> HP 548xxA>> Application Examples. 

The link to the Instrument driver Network is :  http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/

I hope this helps you get started.

Mark W.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,352 Views)