From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview runs very slowly and hangs

We have installed Labview 2019 on Windows10

Labview runs very slowly when run by a user from the samba domain, on a local user runs correctly.

With the NI USB 6008 board connected I do a VI   and  in the block diagram I insert the DAQ Assist function,

With a local users labview runs correctly, with a user from samba domain labview hangs

Should special permissions be given to non-local users?

Does anyone have an explanation?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,329 Views)

@jgarciamo wrote:

Labview runs very slowly when run by a user from the samba domain, on a local user runs correctly.

Can you describe in more details? (Where is the user? Where are his files? Where is the program running?, etc.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,315 Views)

The user is in a Linux samba domain (similar to Active Directori) that is validated by ldap to access the computer. His files are physically in the Users folder. They are users who have not been created on the local computer

The name of the computer for example is: pc1
And the samba domain name: dom
The local user: user1
The user samba domain: name.surname

On the same computer

Local users are called: pc1\user1

Users of the samba domain are called:  dom\name.surname

I have given administrator permissions to all users but it keeps giving the same error

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,223 Views)

(Sorry, this is not my area of expertise, so I was just asking questions to make sure we know the setup. Hopefully somebody can chime in)

So LabVIEW is installed locally, right?

LabVIEW will extensively make use of the user home folder "...Document/LabVIEW data", so for samba users this will be over the network. Does that folder exist and is writeable?

Is there a way to turn on logging in samba?

@jgarciamo wrote:

I have given administrator permissions to all users but it keeps giving the same error

Are you now getting a real error message or is the "error" just that it becomes unresponsive?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,202 Views)

"So LabVIEW is installed locally, right?"

Yes, labview is installed locally, in fact, local users work perfectly

"LabVIEW will extensively make use of the user home folder "...Document/LabVIEW data", so for samba users this will be over the network. Does that folder exist and is writeable?"

No, this folder is local

"Are you now getting a real error message or is the "error" just that it becomes unresponsive?"

No error, labview is not responding, it hangs and I need to kill the process with task manager

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,198 Views)