From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview report generation toolkit and Excel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have an issue within my application.

I use the Report generation toolkit to populate an excel template report.

Works fine under dev mode on my computer.

Works fine in build mode on my computer (I have included the _Excel Dynamic VIs.vi).

Works fine in build mode on another computer (old installation)

But :

Dont works in build mode on a computer with a fresh installation.

The application start, open the excel template, populate(i guess its to fast to notice) the report but doesnt save the xls or pdf.

Using Labview 2018 to build

Runing on W10 Excel 365 + runtime 2018 + daqmx 19

What i am missing ?

Thanks for your help,

L

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,675 Views)

Did you check file permissions where you are trying to save the report?

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,647 Views)

Are you sure Office is available and licensed on the alternate computer?

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,636 Views)

Hi;

With my test vi, I try to create files directly in the application folder, I guess I have the rights, I copied files in this folder 2 min before running the app.

Office is available, I tested it with a manual report creation with the template, saving and PDFing were Ok.

Regards,

L

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,620 Views)

Could be a bitness issue- in my experience, the Report Generation Toolkit in LabVIEW 32-bit doesn't work *at all* with Office 365. (If anyone has a tip on that one I'd appreciate it...)

Edit: I just saw you mentioned the application folder. Try either running your executable as admin, or changing the folder location to somewhere definitely writeable, like the desktop. Generally, *installed* executables don't have write access to their application folders.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,603 Views)

Hi,

I tried multiples folder and Running with administrator rights. same issue.

I still cant figure why it works with an old pc (w10+365+runtime 2018+daqmx19) and not with the new one.

Rgds,

L

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,548 Views)

Hi,

So I merge my error output to see if there is a difference between all my pc.

And yes.

On the computer where my app dont work I get the message :

"Membre introuvable.
in NI_Excel.lvclass:Excel Find and Replace (str).vi->testreport.vi"

I guess I will look into this.

Regards,

L

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,539 Views)

Are you getting an Error message?  Microsoft changed the properties of Excel, which generates a "fixable" Error in the LabVIEW code (posted numerous times in this Forum, including several times by me).  If this is the case, a search on the Error would, I imagine, find the fix ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,526 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Localfolder

Hi,

I replaced all "Excel Find and Replace" VIs that seem to produce errors by "Append Report Text" VIs

I have to use Office parameters to place the text Ihave where I want, witch is less convinient than find and replace a key string but finally it works as attended so I consider myself satisfied.

Thanks for the support,

L

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,504 Views)