LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview pause button

Hello all
I hope I can get help in my issue
Now in a VI that iam generating using labview what is the minimum sample rate that can be used when in N samples mode of operation?
Also in the waveform chart that is generated with the time stamp on the x axis, the time stamp is in H:M: S format, assume the graph is flowing on an x axis range of 12 seconds. If the VI started running at time stamp 10:00:00am and the waveform started showing data from this time to time 10:05:00 and then the VI was paused "the acquisition will be paused at the 5 seconds mark" after that the VI was resumed after 1 minute will the waveform x axis show a new time stamp or will it resume from the 10:05:00 till the end of the range as normal i.e does the pause time affect the x axis time stamp
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,816 Views)

@Hamed1489 wrote:
Now in a VI that iam generating using labview what is the minimum sample rate that can be used when in N samples mode of operation?
I assume you are referring to a DAQmx device.  You need to check the specifications of your device, as it determines the sampling rate.  Note that many devices specify the maximum rate -- don't recall anyone setting a minimum rate ...

Also in the waveform chart that is generated with the time stamp on the x axis, the time stamp is in H:M: S format, assume the graph is flowing on an x axis range of 12 seconds. If the VI started running at time stamp 10:00:00am and the waveform started showing data from this time to time 10:05:00 and then the VI was paused "the acquisition will be paused at the 5 seconds mark" after that the VI was resumed after 1 minute will the waveform x axis show a new time stamp or will it resume from the 10:05:00 till the end of the range as normal i.e does the pause time affect the x axis time stamp

Waveform Charts are designed to display waveforms, a data type that has a fixed sampling interval (dt) and a single time origin (t0).  When you display multiple N-sample waveforms, it is assumed that they are sequential.  So if you were to pause in your display, the Waveform Chart would assume that you were "obeying its rules" and providing points at a fixed constant rate, thereby ignoring the pause.  Note that "time" is implicit in Waveform Charts -- if you need to plot time explicitly, you will need to use a Graph and present both a Y(t) sample signal and an X(t) "time" signal.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 3
(2,775 Views)
Thanks a lot Mr Bob for your answer
Regarding the sampling frequency I was refering to the minimum accepted sample rate by the DAQmx
Regarding the waveform iam really sorry but I havent understood your response completely. So the time stamp on the x axis doesnt change with respect to real time i.e the hours:minutes:seconds shown in my example 10:00:00 which is t0 and dt is 12 secs or the whole x axis range is 12 secs if the VI was paused at 10:00:05 for a minute and then resumed will the x axis continue from 10:00:05 or will it be 10:01:05
Thanks a lot looking forward for your response
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,770 Views)