LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview on FPGA

Hi,

In my application, I am using the cRIO 9074 along with the expansion chassis, NI 9144.

I am able to configure the I/O cards on the local chassis, when no hardware is connected
(offline).

But I am unable to configure the expansion chassis.

Is it possible to configure the expansion chassis offline? Or do I need the hardware,
connect it and detect the chassis. Then configure the cards in the expansion chassis.

Thanks & Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,418 Views)

Hello,

I have the exact same setup although I do not have access to it today - I'll speak from memory and can answer further questions tonight.

The expansion chassis becomes a target of the 9074. Once configured as a target, modules can be added. I believe these modules can be "virtually" created very similar to the way that is done with the 9074.

I cannot say if the actual expansion chassis itself can be added in this way - you may need to go as far as to have the 9074 and 9144 working together before adding existing or nonexistent c-series modules.

FYI - the modules on the 9144 cannot be targets of the FPGA on the 9074 - They are only targets of the expansion chassis itself and work through the scan engine interface.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,397 Views)