LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview font

Hello all

Is there a Labview font somewhere that has characters for broken run arrow, run arrow (when not running), run arrow (during execution), continuous Run, Abort execution, operating tool, positioning tool, labeling tool, wiring tool icons and others?

This font would be loaded into Windows' collection of fonts and be available from the font drop down menu for e.g. writing up instructions in a string control on the front panel to guide non LabVIEW users while refering to different Labview menu icons

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,853 Views)

Not that I've ever seen.  I think they are strictly bitmap images and are never defined as part of a font.

I would suggest taking screenshots of them and turning them into small .bmp's, or better yet, small .png's that you can then embed in your instructions as pictures.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,843 Views)

Hi RavensFan

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm not sure that it's possible to (or how to) embed an image in a string control on the front screen.

I tried to paste a screen captured run arrow icon  image into a string control and it stuck to the background of the front panel.

Making the background of the string control transparent and moving it over the pasted icon is a partial solution, until the text becomes too long for the string control and line feeds start moving lines up or the control gets moved around on  the front panel.

That's a good work around though.

A complete font would work better for all the various kinds of purely text documentation one may need to make.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,825 Views)

You can always make your own font.

Something like http://www.myscriptfont.com/ but instead of printing it, just open it in an image editing program and put in the images how you want them.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,785 Views)

Ok. Thanks.

I'll try that.

Laborious exercise but certainly an option to look at.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,739 Views)

How about using HTML in a WebBrowser indicator?

Example_VI.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,717 Views)

@Genie wrote:

[...] A complete font would work better for all the various kinds of purely text documentation one may need to make.

This would require every computer that needs this to have this font installed.  It might be a pain unless you include it with your application's installer.  And, it's not really "purely text", is it?

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,713 Views)

Creating such font maybe your only option - but that may violate NI's copyrights, not sure. Please check that with NI officials. Usually graphics/icons are copyright materials so please be careful in how you use them.

-DP

--------------------------------------------------------

New Controls & Indicators made using vector graphics & animations? Click below for Pebbles UI

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,705 Views)

One more note:

WHY should your users ever see those buttons? The menu bar should be hidden from any user, it's just a developer tool...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,676 Views)