cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview executable in Linux OpenSuse looses 'Is Executable' property

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

Please help: When I create an executable in opensuse, it all works very well. But when I .zip that executable and have it downloaded from a BLOB database (this is how I do the auto-updates), then it looses the 'Is executable' property and linux will not start my executable anymore. Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks and have a nice day,

Urs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,103 Views)
Solution
Accepted by RavensFan

I've had this problem when I built exe on virtual machine with OpenSuse, then downloaded this exe to my Windows development machine, then to the target computer with OpenSuse. Probably lost the "Is executable" property on Windows. Or this might be property connected to the specific machine rather than the file - I don't know the details, I'm not that good at Linux. I don't have any automatic workaround too - I just manually set the property to True on target machine. You can probably do this through command line somehow, so simple shell script might be solution.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,079 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sapiophile

Hey PiDi

Thanks for your input, it helped me to find the perfect solution: When the updater is running, after it downloaded the zip file containing the new version of the Labview-Application, it's been unzipped and then I run a command that set the 'is executable' property again, only if it is a Linux executable. And it worked pretty well. I added a screenshoot detail so you can get the idea.

Cheers,

Urs

Message 3 of 3
(2,063 Views)