From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview evaluation 2018 software

Dear users,

I started a free trail of the labview 2018 version for 45 days. It should have all the functionality as the professional development system. Unfortunately, the addon called 'report generation toolkit for Microsoft Office' does not work.

If I go trough my directory 'National Instruments -> Labview 2018 -> vi.lib -> addons -> _office -> excel.llb ' and open any file that is related to this addon, it would not let me go into the block diagram. Then it gives an error shown in the attached file.

I have checked the license- and package manager and both showed that the addon is activated. Is this a limitation of the evaluation software? Or something else?

Kind regards

image.png 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(723 Views)

Hi Richard,

@Richard111111 wrote:

I started a free trail of the labview 2018 version for 45 days. It should have all the functionality as the professional development system. Unfortunately, the addon called 'report generation toolkit for Microsoft Office' does not work.

What does it mean when you write "does not work"?

Do you get wrong results?

Do you get error messages from those RGT functions?

Does LabVIEW crash?

Does the computer crash with a BSOD?

@Richard111111 wrote:

If I go trough my directory 'National Instruments -> Labview 2018 -> vi.lib -> addons -> _office -> excel.llb ' and open any file that is related to this addon, it would not let me go into the block diagram. Then it gives an error shown in the attached file.

What's wrong with that message?

You did not pay for the software, but you wonder about not being allowed to look under the hood?

(There is a difference between "trial short term activation" and "purchasing a life-time license"…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(678 Views)

Hi GerdW,

The problem is solved, but thanks for the reply.

Had to try a project for a client.

Kind regards,

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(666 Views)