LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview drivers for Omega OM-DAQ-USB-2401

This DAQ is a thermocouple/voltage input USB device. Omega does not provide Labview drivers for it, but it does have .NET/API drivers for Visual Basic, C#, and Visual C++. Has anyone been able to build a driver for this device in order to get measurements from it in Labview? I've read the USB Instrument Control Tutorial, but am not sure if this would be of any help with this type of device. I simply want to use the DAQ output (voltage measurement) as a variable in Labview to control other devices with an NI 9472. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,892 Views)

I have not used these specific devices, but I have used a lot of Omega product in the past and they tend to sell good stuff. They do have a tendency to resell a lot of stuff too. So one thing that might be worthwhile is to see if this box is really theirs or if they are reselling hardware from somebody else.

Having said that, give the .net a try. The examples in the other languages should give you the basic flow of what calls you need to make to accomplish common tasks -- like reading a value.

Mike...

PS: it also might be interesting to plug the thing in to your computer and after letting it load whatever drivers it needs, see what kind of device the OS thinks it is.

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,866 Views)

Hello, I found this messages from 2013 and am wondering if three years later someone already has developed LabView code based on .NET which would communicate with OM-DAQ-USB-2401. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,402 Views)

I'd encourage you to create a new forum thread to get more exposure. Check out NI Discussion Forums User Guidelines #3

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,364 Views)

Hi Leonid0813,

It has been 7 years now and I am wondering the same thing. Did you find the solution yet?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,975 Views)

We have developed custom dll instead of LabVIEW application. We call dll functions from either LabVIEW by using "Call Library Function Node" or from Test Stand call dll module. 

If any interest I can share the dll

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,968 Views)

Yes, that would be of great help.

Do you perhaps have an example panel (.vi), where you make use of the "call library function node"?

I am not to familiar with .dll and the .net framework.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,949 Views)

I don't have LabVIEW example handy at the moment as this have been 7 years and I changed my laptop since then.

Also most of our work is with Test Stand where LabVIEW is optional, i.e we just call dll into the sequence and select functions to be executed in particular steps.

I have attached the dll to this post.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,938 Views)

I found all components necessary to recreate LabVIEW library and was able to generate it. The testing would be your job, but decent library is created and attached.

Thanks.,

Leonid.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,930 Views)

Thanks for the files, I really appreciate the help.

However, there seems to be a problem with the .dll and the labview library.
I think it has to do with the architecture of the .dll (32 or 64 bit?).

I run Labview 2016 32-bit on a x64 windows system.

I am able to open the VIs in the folder, however I am not able to run them.

I get the following error:

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x5ED) An error occurred in the Call Library Node processing. This error was most likely a configuration mismatch between the calling conventions of the Call Library Node and the function being called in the DLL.

Also I do not know what is meant by the input vi (integer) in all the functions.

Best,Luuk

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,867 Views)