LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview crashed in win 32 exception error

Hi,

I am currently using Labview 8.5.1 to develop a vi, a dll file which created by VS 2008 is being used in library call function node.

I am encountering a problem, whenever i remove my unit under test (USB) after my vi is run completely, labview is crashed with the error message that show in below.

error.JPG

I did try reinitialize all variable data, disable the USB device from my computer device manager, use the property node to close the vi front panel after the program finished run still same problem.

So far I only can avoid this error crash by using "quit labview" node in the end of my vi, before i remove my unit under test.

May I know beside use the "quit labview" node, is there any method can let me avoid this labview error crash? As I need to keep re-open the program for my new unit testing, that is troublesome process.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,386 Views)

Look at the Title of the error.  LabVIEW didn't crash, that's a Visual Studio crash.  It means something's wrong with your DLL.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,358 Views)

talk about me being brain dead.  that's the message you get when an app crashes and you have VS installed.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,350 Views)

But you are correct in the point that it shows a problem with the .dll.  It is something about the .dll that is causing LabVIEW to crash.

Somehow releasing hte USB unit under test, the dll isn't cleaning up properly after itself, or it is trying to clean up resources that don't actually belong to it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,340 Views)