LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview c compiler ?

Hello all

I wish to give a Window in which user will enter the logic in text format i.e C language code . so now the question is how to compile this code in run time

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,880 Views)

Duplicate post

Here is some link

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/how-can-i-compile-c-code-in-labview-at-win98/td-p/123193

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,872 Views)

This seems to be related to your other post. As I said over there already, the formula parsing tools are probably what you want.

LabVIEW is a programming language and not a C compiler. Of course with a lot of effort, you could use LabVIEW to write an interpreter that understands C like syntax, but that won't be easy. can you give us an example of what kind of "logic" (your word!) you intend to enter.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,862 Views)

Place text control, send text to file, invoke a commandline compiler like GCC to compile the file.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,853 Views)

Yes, this command line argument is method is one better option.

Then he gonna need all the command line arguments list of a compiler.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,842 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

Place text control, send text to file, invoke a commandline compiler like GCC to compile the file.

/Y

From his other thread, it seems all he wants is to be able to apply some custom scaling an logic to acquired data.

While your answer is of course a valid answer to the verbatim question here, it would not be very practical for this kind of use. 😄

Message 6 of 8
(3,800 Views)

LabPython?  I made something a few years ago when someone asked for a "dynamic formula node".

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 7 of 8
(3,783 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@Yamaeda wrote:

/Y

From his other thread, it seems all he wants is to be able to apply some custom scaling an logic to acquired data.

While your answer is of course a valid answer to the verbatim question here, it would not be very practical for this kind of use. 😄

No, not very practical at all, but hey, if that's what he wants to do ... You must make mistakes to learn. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,752 Views)