LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview application deployed on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - On screen keyboard issue

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience in deploying Labview programs to a Panel PC running windows 10 IOT enterprise?

As far as I am aware the Enterprise IOT version is as close as you can get to the desktop version.

I have developed a few test programs on a development PC, and successfully deployed them to a touch screen panel pc using the application builder, by building an exe with an installer.

On the surface, the functionality of the program seems to work fine. I am able to use the touch panel to navigate the program, and communicate with an instrument via VISA, write to text files etc. with no issues. However I encountered a pretty big problem regarding the windows on-screen keyboard.

While the program is running, if the user opens the on screen keyboard, the Labview program then loses the ability to be minimized, and then restored. Once the program is minimized, it seems to get stuck in the task bar? You ARE able restore the program by starting task manager, finding the program, and clicking maximize. However, simply clicking the icon in the task bar refuses to restore the program.

It is worth noting that the program is fully able to be minimised and restored BEFORE the keyboard has been opened. You don't even have to type on the keyboard, it seems like it's just a trigger? Even if you close the keyboard, it seems as though the problem has been triggered and your stuck with it. The only way to resume functionality is by closing the program and reopening.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Whereby the on-screen keyboard somehow conflicts with an open Labview program?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,065 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author labview_user123

UPDATE - 

If anybody is interested...

This has been confirmed by NI as a bug in Windows 10 and has been logged via CAR id 661367.

Message 2 of 3
(2,970 Views)

Hello, I plan to run a similar application, was the issue with the on screen keyboard resolved? (was the windows 10 bug fixed?)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,202 Views)