LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview application builder + DAQmx and calibration

Solved!
Go to solution

I’m relatively new to Labview so I hope this is a simple problem. I’m writing a LV 2015 program for an old usb CDAQ + 4-20ma input module.  

I love the functionality of the MAX channel calibration, overdue reminder etc.  I was wondering if can still be used on a compiled program of better still a compiled installer, if so how? TIA

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,531 Views)

Can you rephrase the question? It sounds like you want the ability to calibrate your daq channels inside an executable? If im correct in my assumption then the answer is yes. Look into daqmx calibrate functions.  measure i/o / ni daqmx / advanced / calibrate

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,501 Views)

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply, I've just finished core 2 building appllications module, the exersise made sense but avoided using any real hardware drivers.So my questions are.

1, Does the target machine need the DAQmx + Max driver installed ?

2, If it doesn't, do I need to bundle the driver in the application build somewhere?

3, If it is either installed or bundled can I still use it to recalibrate the channels inside my compiled VI?

TIA

Simon

I hope that makes more sense 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,495 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simon-lee

@Simon-lee wrote:

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply, I've just finished core 2 building appllications module, the exersise made sense but avoided using any real hardware drivers.So my questions are.

1, Does the target machine need the DAQmx + Max driver installed ?

2, If it doesn't, do I need to bundle the driver in the application build somewhere?

3, If it is either installed or bundled can I still use it to recalibrate the channels inside my compiled VI?

TIA

Simon

I hope that makes more sense 🙂

The target machine will need the daqmx drivers and it will need runtime engines.  Best way to do this is create an installer, you do it in a similar manner to building an exe.  And yes, you can still calibrate your channels at runtime if you build that into your application.  Max is also free so you can always include max with your installer and you can manually calibrate if you prefer. 

Attached is a tutorial very geared towards what youre asking.

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/5406/en/

-Matt
Message 4 of 5
(3,492 Views)

Hi Matt,

Thank you for that, just the answer I needed

Regards

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,478 Views)