From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview and Data Translation: Continuous Analog and Digital Input

Hi,

I need some help with my VI. It should be fairly simple, but somehow I am not able to get it going. 

I need to continuously read data from the analog and digital inputs from my DAQ card. I am using DT9804 made by Data Translations. 

But for reason, the analog input looks fine but digital input doesn't work properly. it doesn't respond to the trigger. I get error 118 saying "Additional required sub-system in use".  I tested it separately by just reading digital input, and it works perfectly fine.

I have attached my vi. Its just a rough draft and might be little messy. 

Hopefully, someone can help me out.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,352 Views)

Hi,

I am not familiar with the architecture of Data Translations DAQ Devices, but the issue could be related with Timing Engines. These are circuitry used by National Instruments DAQ devices to generate and route timing signal, which are used to control an acquisition or generation task. So, if your device just has one timing engine, you are not going to be able to run tasks simultaneously.

Data Translations DAQ Devices must have something analog to timing engines, and it could be causing the issue.

Regards,

José F.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,271 Views)