LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Replace array subset does something wrong

Hello there,

I am writing a program for my controllers and to test it I added random number generator to give me some kind of "signal value". I have two controlers, one for X and one for Y axis. So I want my results to be saved as a table. I am creating an array outside both loops and passing it to Replace Array Subset function that is inside second loop.When I output somehow(file, screen, etc.) I see that each time I get a value from RNG, it only changes a step-specific element of an array. All others are zeroes. When I get new value, another element changes and what's left is only zeroes. It's like my array has no memory. What's the issue in this case?
Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,625 Views)

"Shift Register" is the key word you are looking for....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 4
(2,617 Views)

2dArrayShift register.png

Resembles like this!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,575 Views)

Please leave out that Build Array stuff... that makes no sense but eventually gets you an out-of-memory error killing your application.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,566 Views)