Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview RT/FPGA Compling Error with NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to compile a program for my sbRIO-9632 but I got following error:

Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_Filter Signal by Coef.viNI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_Filter Signal by Coef.vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed.
LabVIEW:  Failed to load shared library LVDFD.*:NormFltH:C on RT target device.

Is this filter not compatibel to Labview RT?

I'm using Labview 2009SP1, FPGA SP1, RT, SP1 and NI-RIO 3.4.

Many thanks

Attached the full deployment status:

Deploying NI_DigFilter_Design.lvlib:dfd_Group Delay_Gradient Optimization.vi (15.72 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilter_Design.lvlib:dfd_Group Delay_Integer Tau.vi (12.93 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_Specific TF Validation.vi (22.94 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_IIR Filter Cluster Validation.vi (9.62 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_Create Filter Coef from ZPK without Attributes.vi (18.67 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_Get One FXP Quantizer.vi (12.50 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilter_FXP.lvlib:dfd_Validate Quantizer.vi (9.34 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_Error Handlers (Multiple).vi (6.89 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilter_Design.lvlib:dfd_Group Delay_Params Validation.vi (22.54 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilter_Design.lvlib:dfd_Group Delay_Initial Guess.vi (12.65 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_TF Validation.vi (13.52 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_TF to Filter Coef.vi (37.91 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_Get Filter Coef Type (Filter IO).vi (13.76 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_Write Filter Coefficients.vi (13.97 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_Build Floating Filter from Coef.vi (16.68 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:DFD Build Filter from Transfer Function.vi (13.02 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilter_Design.lvlib:dfd_Group Delay Build Allpass Filter.vi (11.19 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_Set One FXP Quantizer.vi (12.69 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_Read Filter Coefficients.vi (14.07 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_Filter Signal by Coef.viNI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_Filter Signal by Coef.vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed.
LabVIEW:  Failed to load shared library LVDFD.*:NormFltH:C on RT target device.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,401 Views)

What I have found so far at first glance:

Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_Write Filter Coefficients.vi (13.97 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_Set All FXP Quantizer.vi (12.17 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_Error Handlers (Single).vi (5.70 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_IIR Filter Cluster Validation.vi (9.62 K)
Deploying NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib:dfd_Create Filter Coef from ZPK without Attributes.vi (18.67 K)
LabVIEW: Failed to load shared library LVDFD.*:NormFltH:C on RT target device.
Deploying UoL-INFRA Container
Deployment completed with errors''
-> had a problem deploying his VIs to the cRIO after incorporating some digital filter design VIs. He needed to install the DFD toolkit on his cRIO from MAX 

As stated above you need Digital Filter Design Toolkit (DFD) installed on your sbRIO target.

Some more information:

Supported Execution Targets (Digital Filter Design Toolkit)

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371988D-01/lvdfdtconcepts/dfd_supported_target/

Generating LabVIEW FPGA Code (Digital Filter Design Toolkit)

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371988D-01/lvdfdtconcepts/gen_lv_fpga/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,381 Views)

Hi,

many thanks for your help. That could be the solution but how can I add the digital filter toolkit to the sbRIO? I can't choose the package to install it on the sbrio.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,369 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chefweb

Hello chefweb,

make sure you have Digital Filter Design Toolkit installed and properly activated, then follow the screenshots below in your Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX):

rio-install1.png

rio-install2.png

rio-install3.png

Message 4 of 7
(4,357 Views)

Just got stuck on this issue for a while until I found your post. Why is the digital filter toolkit option not present in the standard software sets? I am running LabVIEW 2012 and RIO 12.0.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,923 Views)

Hello,

I encounter exactly the same problem with the Digital Filter Design Toolkit. However I use Labview 2016.0f5, Ni CompactRIO 19.6 and a cRIO9030 (Linux).

The Digital Filter Design Toolkit is correctly installed and licensed on the development PC:

G-blitz_1-1615495033421.png

Unfortunately I can't find the Digital Filter Design Toolkit in the custom software installation part of MAX as described by ecalator in 2010.

G-blitz_0-1615495010036.png

Any suggestions how I could fix this missing component ?

Is there a compatibility issue with the Filter Design Toolkit and the cRIO 9030 ?

Best Regards

Boris

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,200 Views)

Hello,

Unfortunately the Digital Filter Design Toolkit is not compatible with the Ni Linux Real-Time (Intel x64 based) systems ! This seems to be the reason why I can't install this toolkit on the cRIO9030.

This information can be found in the 2016 Digital Filter Design Toolkit readme:

G-blitz_0-1615886786123.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,149 Views)