LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Not seeing Excel Macros

Hi,

Problem:

I have a labview vi which will open and run a macro in an excel file. However, this does not happen because upon loading excel it complains that there is no macros. If I open the excel file myself I can clearly see the macros present. When I manuelly open the workbook(excel file w/e) and run the labview program it runs smooth without any hick ups but if I have labview open the excel file it cant fine them. Even if I just have labview open the excel file when I look in the macro list there are no available macros there.

I have attached 3 files:

Test.csv: This file contains information which I need to import (everything after the first ( . ) so -90.00021 i.e)

importmacro1.xls: This is the excel file that contains the macros which I would like to have labview run the macro in.

Calling Macro.vi: Labview vi which opens the files above imports test.csv and does some other calculations which are minor but nontheless needed.

If there is any problems getting it to run let me know and I will post a fix for it as fast as I can.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,971 Views)

I think this is a limitation of the ActiveX interface.

You  might have to open an excel window manually, or via ActiveX?

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,955 Views)

I believe that opening Excel remotely prevents the loading of the personal.xlsb add-in.  Your choices are:

1. Load the personal.xlsb workbook manually.

2. Move the macro to the Importmacro1 workbook and run it there.

3. Move the macro to a different workbook and open it manually.

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
Message 3 of 5
(2,940 Views)
I think option # 2 is my best bet. Is there any way of making the macro public? I have tried to replicate the macro through active x which requires huge amount of work to get it to work correctly. But I will try option #2. Is a simple case of copying macro to's code from and saving it to the workbook itself?

Michael Munroe wrote:

I believe that opening Excel remotely prevents the loading of the personal.xlsb add-in.  Your choices are:

1. Load the personal.xlsb workbook manually.

2. Move the macro to the Importmacro1 workbook and run it there.

3. Move the macro to a different workbook and open it manually.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,936 Views)

Did this ever get resolved?

I have the exact same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,680 Views)