cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview NXG - Convert Daqmx graph to a numerical indicator

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am new to using LabVIEW. In LabVIEW NXG 3.1, I am simulating a DAQ chassis and practicing how to acquire analog inputs from a simulated voltage module. I would like to know how to output an analog signal to a numerical indicator. It currently outputs the analog single to a waveform graph. I want to display the Y value on the front panel. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,299 Views)

Hello Justin711,

I can see how you are currently taking an analog measurement for one second and sending that data to the graph you have as indicator in the front panel of the GVI.simple NXG measurement.png

If you ar ejust using one channel, I recommend changing the DAQmx read function to just sample one channel (use the right rail configuration to set this), and wire your output to a Mean function, so you can average your second of measurements to the numerical indicator you are looking for. Moreover you couls use a Waveform Properties function to get the Y array out, and have all the points as numerics in the front panel.simple NXG measurement 2.png

All the best,

Message 2 of 4
(2,209 Views)

Hello Oscar,

Your solution solved my problem and thanks for taking the time to resolve my VI.

Now, I just want to note to others that if you want to display the samples as they are recorded, the "Read By" settings must be changed from "Time" to "Samples." 

image.png

Another problem I'm having is displaying the numerical indicator for additional analog inputs. Now, if it's a copy of the same analog input it displays just fine but if it's a different analog input I receive multiple Error Text Boxes when I run the VI. Can you please help solve this problem?

Also, is it a general practice to create a new post for a new question so that problems are easily searchable in the forums? 

Thanks,

Justin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,181 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Justin711

Hello Justin711,

I am glad to read your application is getting together. I do recommend opening new threads for different questions so it keeps easy to search and help.

Answering your question, though, I presume having two DAQmx read functions will show you errors since both are asking for the same resource at the same time. You can instead change the Channel Count from single channel to multiple. In this case, the function will return an array of waveforms, instead of a single waveforms. You can use the functions in the array palette to manipulate them, for example: Index Array.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,169 Views)