From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview NXG Application Build Error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am in the process of building a data acquisition and control application for our lab within Labview NXG, and I have an initial program working on my personal laptop. However as soon as I attempted to build the program into an application I get the following error:

"The back-end compiler for this deploy target failed with with an exception while processing this file. The file may be corrupt or there may be a bug in the back-end compiler. Consider undoing recent edits, closing and reloading the current project, or restarting the application. Control-clicking the run or compile buttons will force another compile attempt. For help with this issue, please contact National Instruments or the third-party vendor responsible for this target compiler. Target kind: NationalInstruments. Target.NativeDesktop, File name: ::DevSystem::Interactive:Actors.gcomp: Exception NationalInstruments.InvalidStateException"

I have also attached a snapshot of the build status.

A few things I have tried:

• Closing and opening the project and Labview NXG
  • Repairing and uninstalling, reinstalling Labview NXG
  • Going through each file in the .gcomp and making sure there are no broken VIs or dependency errors
  • Restarting my computer

I am programming in labview NXG 5.0.

I don't have any issue with sharing my project, however there are ~400 VIs in the project so it will be a bit of a challenge to share it.

Any help or recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,611 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nevenhouse

I ended up figuring out a solution to this issue. I ended up having to move all of the files into a new library and everything built without issue in the new library. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,534 Views)

As you can see, there aren't too many people familiar enough with LV NXG to be able to answer your question (myself among them).  Sorry you had to go it on your own.  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,526 Views)

I've seen this a couple of times but at least for me it didn't seem tied to any one particular action or error on my part.  IIRC, it required closing projects; restarting NXG; forcing a change in a VI; and so on - basically, playing around until it worked!

Unfortunately it's not a particularly helpful error.  I suspect it's because there's an underlying, unreported, error in a VI somewhere.  Although when that occurs, if it's in a calling chain when you run the application, NXG will just crash and burn and require manually tracking down the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,496 Views)

Honestly, the only other error that I get (and I do get it somewhat consistently) is dependency errors, which are easy to fix just by going through and opening all of the "broken" vis. 

This one was somewhat frustrating to fix primarily because it doesn't really make much sense why it would cause an issue. Libraries are effectively just a collection of file paths that you want grouped together, if all of the file inside it are OK, what could be causing it to fail to build? But it is fixed now, so I am not worrying about it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,490 Views)