LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview I2C Problem

I have a NI USB-8452 I2C board which is connect to a device with x24C04 chip fitted.  It's address is hard wired to 0xA0.

I have used NI I2C library to attempt to read from the device, but all I get back is an array full of 0xFF.

The LabVIEW is across a couple of VI's but is shown below.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I am a bit new to I2C stuff!

Christopher Povey

Principle Test Systems Engineer for BAE Systems.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,623 Views)

I've not used the NI I2C devices before so I can't really see anything glaringly obvious with the code, but do you have an I2C pullup resistor located somewhere else in your circuit/wiring? As per the I2C standard you need to have pullup resistors located somewhere on SCL and SDA and you have a 'false' wired to use the ones internal on the NI I2C device, so I'm assuming you have them located elsewhere?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,610 Views)

@Sam_Sharp wrote:

I've not used the NI I2C devices before so I can't really see anything glaringly obvious with the code, but do you have an I2C pullup resistor located somewhere else in your circuit/wiring? As per the I2C standard you need to have pullup resistors located somewhere on SCL and SDA and you have a 'false' wired to use the ones internal on the NI I2C device, so I'm assuming you have them located elsewhere?

Yes. There is a pull up resistor at the device end (where the X24C04 is located). Initially I had the NI board pullup on as well and the I2C VI just error then.

Christopher Povey

Principle Test Systems Engineer for BAE Systems.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,563 Views)