cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview FPGA While loop (First call? VI) Question

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi sirs!

I am currently creating a LabVIEW FPGA VI which is contained in a WHILE loop. It has a First Call? VI wherein, in the first occurence of the loop, a variable should be initialized to a certain value. However, when I embed the VI into the FPGA, it would seem that the First Call? VI was not called. I also tried implementing this through shift registers where the register is initialized outside of the WHILE loop. However, the result is still the same. May I ask how LabVIEW FPGA functions when it comes to WHILE loop? Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,856 Views)

Can you share some code that shows this behavior?  I have yet ran into an issue with these structures.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,847 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ArisEnding

For a reason I can't recall I've avoided the use of the FirstCall in FPGA and instead I use a shift register boolean, wire a True into the lefthand terminal, and a False within the While loop to the righthand terminal. Therefore you get a True for the first iteration only, in exactly the same way as the FirstCall function. It might even use fewer resources on the FPGA?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 3 of 4
(2,841 Views)

The First Call? primitive should work properly (within the specifications of the language). A snippet of the code would be useful, as well as which target you are running on, etc. Also, have you tried running the application on the desktop  (i.e. execute on development computer)?

Message 4 of 4
(2,833 Views)