LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview FPGA: How to transfer data between host vi and fpga vi

Hi, guys 

I'm very new to Labview fpga and now I have a doubt about the communication of host vi and fpga vi. Basically I have a set of data need to be sent to fpga, processed in fpga and send it back to host vi. I know there is FIFO DMA method in fpga which allow to transfer data. However which icon shall I use to write data to the FIFO in host vi? And is there any reference or any guide about how fpga and host vi communicate? 

Thanks for your help

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,642 Views)

You use FPGA methods to read or write from/to the FIFO.  There should be an entire FPGA palette in your host context for doing this.

As far as guides, assuming you have an active SSP take LabVIEW FPGA through the self-paced online training.  I think that is normally a 2 day course in person, so you might be able to get through the presentation in a day.  But do spend time trying the problems to learn.

My next source would be the NI LabVIEW for CompactRIO Developer's Guide.  It was made for a cRIO, but all of the information about FPGA and communications will be the same.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 2
(2,622 Views)