LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview FP -> .net form

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to get a .NET Form object for the current LabVIEW front panel. I am aware I can use the .NET constructor node to create a system.windows.form object. However, if atall possible I would effectively like to cast a reference to the vi's FP to a .net form object. I've played around putting properties of my vi into the "variant to .NET object vi" and then getting the type, and name of the object produced to see if its system.windows.form to no avail. Bit of a long shot I know but has anyone ever tried/managed this or does anyone know if its possible?

Many Thanks,

Steve Bale
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,707 Views)
I don't see how that's possible since you would effectively need a constructor that accepts a LabVIEW window class, whatever that is, and I don't think Microsoft had NI's LabVIEW in mind when they wrote .NET.

Just out of curiosity, what are you trying to accomplish, as there may be a different way of doing it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,704 Views)
The entire client area of the Window is handled by LabVIEW itself, for cross-platform support, so it's a not a .NET form.

If you want to access an existing front panel remotely, you can use the web publishing tool available from the Tools menu and browse to it using a web browser or possibly even use the ActiveX control directly.

(2,687 Views)

Thanks I thought that might be the case.

I am effecticly trying to produce the following in LabVIEW, where ByteViewerForm inherits from System.Windows.Forms.

System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager resources = new System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager(typeof(ByteViewerForm));

This code basically creates a resource manager for a form. The type of form passed does not matter, so there is no reason I cannot simply use a form constructor in labview and pass the reference into a ComponentResourceManager constructor. However, I saw no point in doing this if there was already some kind of .net form object I could reference.

Regards,

Steve Bale

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,665 Views)