From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Executable with VISA functions in Run Time Engine

Hi Everybody

I designed a gui to communicate using VISA GPIB. I created an executable for the gui. I also installed LabView Run Time Engine on the desired machine. I recieved couple of errors, for which I copied the files visa32.dll, NIVISV32.dll and serpdrv to the folder with the executable.

I recieved the following error, ' Initialization of NIVISV32.dll failed. The process interminating abnormally.'

Are there any drivers I should install in addition to the Run Time Engine? If so, where can I find these drivers?

Thank you
Jackie
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,782 Views)
I think you must install NI-VISA, which you can find in NI web site, or (i'm not sure about this) in the LabVIEW CD.
Hope this helps
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,782 Views)
Larrea

Thank you

I installed NI-VISA just like you suggested. So all I have on the computer are LabView Run Time Engine, NI-VISA driver and IEEE 488 driver.

Now, Labview crashes everytime I try to run the executable

Jackie
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,782 Views)
Have you installed the same NI-VISA version you are using in your development installation? If so, try reinstalling NI-VISA and LV runtime engine, also try without IEEE 488.
Good luck
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,782 Views)
I installed NI-VISA with similar version as my development installation, and LV runtime engine. Labview still crashed.

I noticed certain library functions in full labview that is not present in the NI-VISA + LV run time directory, such as _visa.llb etc.
Do I need to copy these additional library functions too? Will Run Time Engine read these library functions?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,782 Views)