LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview + Excel FPGA

Good afternoon, I am performing a measurement of a small 12v solar plate, I am using the cRIO 9066, with the module NI 9238. With that, I want to acquire every 5 minutes and save this data in excel, I managed to do this in VI loose, but when I put the VI inside CompactRIO it doesn't allow compiling, how can I collect this FPGA data and play in excel?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,102 Views)

Hi Augusto,

you can save the data in a simple CSV (aka text) file inside the cRIO.

Or you can transfer the data to your PC host using any kind of network communication - as explained in the example VIs and projects for cRIO…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,095 Views)

hi, thanks for the reply, my excel is already as CSV, in figure 1, is the VI that is connected in compactRIO, as you can see does not contain the file "Write To Spreadsheet File.vi", already in the second image is the VI that is in My Computer , the file is found.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,085 Views)

Hi Augusto,

I guess you have taken the tutorials for programming cRIO and for FPGA - did you?

The FPGA is fast, but limited in its abilities. It certainly cannot access any harddrive!

But all those data transfers/exchanges are explained in the example VIs and projects coming with the RT/FPGA module installation…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,075 Views)

No, i didn't. Would you have links available for tutorials? and for the examples?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,066 Views)