LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Evaluation vs. VI Package Manager

Hi there

Just installed LabviewEvaluation 17.0f1 64-bit. Want to try Linx to run Labview on Arduino. Downloaded JKI VI Package Manager and now I try to "configure LabVIEW Versions".

I have already followed 

which both didn't helped to solve this Problem.

See my attachments. So what is the solution? How do I connect the VI Manager with my current LabVIEW?

Does it have to do with the Elevation version of LabView?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,670 Views)

Do you know what version of VIPM you have?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,648 Views)

sure: 

Unregistered, Free Edition, 2017.0.0f1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,607 Views)

Hmm... I'm not sure then. Have you tried contacting JKI about compatibility? I don't think the LabVIEW evaluation could effect anything. If you bought a LabVIEW license all you'd have to do is type it in the license manager and then you'd have the full version (or whatever you bought) without a watermark, but the software would be the same.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,602 Views)

I don't know what it is like on a Mac, but on Windows if you launch LabVIEW when it is under an evaluation, a dialog will come up asking you to activate or launch without activating every time.  When VIPM tries to establish a connection with LabVIEW it will close it, then reopen it.  I've seen times where this dialog asking to activate or continue will be under the VIPM window.  VIPM will then timeout waiting for LabVIEW to launch, and LabVIEW will continue to wait for the user to activate or continue.  I don't know if that is what you are seeing but I'd suggest making sure LabVIEW relaunches properly when VIPM is trying to connect to it.

Message 5 of 8
(2,594 Views)

Yes I already set up a post there as well. Because of the other answers at JKI I started this post at NI. I only want to use it as trial and it would be for privat use in which I don't want to spend 600.- per year (just a little too much for non commercial use). So I won't be able to check if I would have the  same problem with a license.

Thank you for your reply!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,566 Views)

Something like that I can also see. But I end up having both applications open (LabVIEW and VIPM) and VIPM is showing "?.?" where the version of the installed LabVIEW should be displayed.

Thank you for your reply!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,561 Views)

Did you end up solving this? I am facing the same issue... Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,457 Views)