cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview DAQ-mx task error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

Here I have a stepper motor driver card connected to NI-ELVIS II and to a stepper motor trainer via a DB25 connector. My aim is to create a task to send a continous pulse wave to drive the stepper motor. This is done by setting the physical channel of my DAQmx to ctr1 (which is wired to the port on the stepper driver card which sends step signals to the step input of the stepper motor IC. I am tying to set up this channel to generate a pulse train to continuosly drive the stepper motor at a rate of 1Hz. 

The issue I cannot seem to resolve is that everytime I go to run this program as I have it here is that I get Error 200077 complaining that my requested value to the idle state input (0 in this case) is invalid. I checked the error online and the help information about this VI and all I can gather is that it takes data only in the form I32. This is what the integer is though. I tried creating an enum with the words "Low" and "High' but I cannot then change my data type to I32 and so I get the same error.

Screenshot (82).pngThanks in advance,

Simon. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,075 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sburt0n

Get rid of your pesonal Low/High enum, right click the initial state input and select "Create Constant."   That'll make the kind of datatype expected by the function.   (Since 0 didn't coerce and get accepted, I'd venture that the datatype is more like a menu ring rather than an enum.  Enums in LabVIEW must have consecutive values starting from 0.  Values for menu rings can be arbitrary.)

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 2
(2,038 Views)