LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Community 2020 Edition Activation

Solved!
Go to solution

Don't give up yet  LabVIEW Community Edition was just released.  I'm not surprised there would be activation issues with a software product that technically isn't bought.  There might be a bug in the process.

I'll see if I can get an NI person to comment in this thread.

Message 11 of 123
(4,869 Views)

Hello,
I just installed LV2020CE, really cool thing! But I also have a question because I am concerned about NI Licence Manager window. What will happen in these 364 days? Will LV2020 stop working? No description or document mentions that the application is to be active for a specific period of time, so I ask politely about it.
Kind regards,
Natasza

364-days-left.png

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 123
(4,829 Views)

@Natti wrote:

What will happen in these 364 days? Will LV2020 stop working? No description or document mentions that the application is to be active for a specific period of time, so I ask politely about it.
Kind regards,

From what I understand, you just need to reactivate once a year to keep using it.

(Should always be free, but if NI notices that you are using it for blatant commercial purposes, they can refuse reactivation of course. Not speaking for NI, just my guess...)

Message 13 of 123
(4,824 Views)

Many thanks for replay, I thought so, because  "My Products" page says LV 2020 CE has "subscription license" assigned, so according to:

https://www.ni.com/pl-pl/support/documentation/supplemental/07/understanding-ni-software-policies.ht...

simply a kind of renew will be required next year... I hope so...

best regards,

Natasza

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 123
(4,821 Views)

Hi NoError, 

As other responses on this thread have stated, if you logged into ni.com, downloaded LabVIEW Community Edition from the website, and activated in NI License Manager using your same user profile, activation should work automatically. Can you attach a screenshot to this thread of what happens when you click the blue "ACTIVATE" button in NI License Manager? I will work with our IT and R&D teams to troubleshoot what's going on here. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 123
(4,756 Views)

altenbach is correct on this. You'll be able to renew your subscription to LabVIEW Community Edition at http://www.ni.com/myni/products/en/, or downloading again from the same download page on ni.com will renew your subscription for another 365 days. 

Message 16 of 123
(4,752 Views)

When I click activate in License Manager I get the same activation wizard as I got during the initial install.

NoError_0-1588605396299.png

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 123
(4,744 Views)

Can you show what happens when you click on the blue "ACTIVATE" button?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 123
(4,741 Views)

I have a screenshot of that in a previous post above. It says "There is no license associated with your NI User account."

I just got this to activate with the brand new NI account I created though. The first account I had tried to use was an account that I've used in the past to activate a regular LabVIEW license but didn't realize that at first since I have a third NI account that I use just for work. When you put in your post that you need to download the ISO file with the same account I realized that when I created the brand new account I didn't re-download the ISO file. So, I just downloaded the ISO file again with the new account and the activation works now.

Was this the intended functionality for licensing? Should users create a brand new account if they want to use the community edition or is there just a problem with my older account?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 123
(4,731 Views)

Great! Glad to hear it's working. As long as you're using the same account to download as you are when logging into NI License Manager, this is the intended behavior. 

Message 20 of 123
(4,724 Views)