From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview, CUDA and OpenGL interop

Hi,

I have a question pertaining to a medical imaging research project that I am working on currently. I want to know how an Render.exe application file, generated by MS Visual Studio 2008 (Release, 32-bit platform) using CUDA and OpenGL, can be loaded into a labview project? The labview project when built will generate an .exe application itself. The Render.exe application file must render a set of OCT images as a volume when it is run. 

Let me explain further: 

I have a labview "GPU" project that creates a GPU.exe application file when I build it. Now, the labview project "GPU" has a DLL (which has another DLL linked to it) which is added to the project and the DLL is generated by writing CUDA/OpenGL code to render a set of OCT images. When the application file GPU.exe is run, it calls C/CUDA/OpenGL functions from the DLL and after processing a stream of images obtained from an OCT imaging system, it should pass these images off to a new application "Render.exe". The "Render.exe" application should render the OCT images and it is dependent on the "GPU.exe".

However, when I run the GPU.exe project application and then run the Render.exe application, the set of images are not being passed off to the application "Render.exe." for display. Instead it crashes and I get access violation errors when I debug it in MS VS 2008. This is probably because there is no input being obtained, nothing being stored in a pointer array for display and therefore, nothing for OpenGL to render. I know that it is not a problem with the code I wrote. 

But, I do know that I am not doing something right thereby, not making the two application files play nicely together. I do not know how to make the "Render.exe" dependent on the GPU.exe file. Could someone please explain the process of getting the new application "render.exe" to work with the "GPU.exe" application generated from the "GPU" labview project?

Thanks,

Tejas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,269 Views)