LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 8 export strings

Hello,

I tried to convert an Labview 7.1 VI into 8.0.

for localizing, i am exporting strings an reimport them.

since i upgraded, i get an error when i reimport the strings.

Even if save the VI,Export and imediately re-import the strings i get an error message.

Is this a bug in LV 8.0 or is my source-VI corrupt?

I would be glad about every hint
Message 1 of 5
(2,723 Views)
Hello,

in general, this should work with LabVIEW 8 as well. I am attatching a translator application, which was originally built in LabVIEW 6.1. You can try to translate your VI with this application - actually it is a LLB containing the source code - and see if it works with your VI.

regards
Ingo Schumacher
Systems Engineering Manager CEERNational Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,704 Views)
the problem is, that i even can not import the unchanged file witout an error message.

I export the file by using the export function of LV, save it to a text-file, re-import immediately out of the textfile, and ERROR. Why?
the header is showing the right LV and buildnumber. The date and time of change/create in the Win-explorer corresponds to the export to the point in time i exported the strings.

any Idea?

thanx for help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,703 Views)
Just to make sure it isn't a general problem of your LabVIEW installation: Did you try this with different VIs?
I just generated a very small test vi which only contained one graph to look if the import / export is working with LabVIEW 8.
Are you using a localaizesd LabVIEW version (german, french, ...)?

Ingo Schumacher
Systems Engineering Manager CEERNational Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,699 Views)

I implemented a small vi with a graph and some button, the import/export process went well.

I use an english version of LV 8.

I guess somewhat went wrong during converting the VI from 7.1 to 8.0.  I did not touch the source code since conversation.

And with 7.1 , no problem occurs.

Is there a possiblity to scan intensively an VI for errors? The errormessage after importing says that the imported file is not compatible with the vi regarding missing subvi data. (A tag is missing) 

Is there a maximal filesize for the exported strings-file? the size of my file is about 500Kbyte.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,688 Views)