From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 8.6.1 - builder message vi is password protected

Solved!
Go to solution

I am new in Labview 8.6.1 and I am receiving some messages that I can not explain why. While labview is building an executable I have few messages like the one posted in attachment. The messages are related to the vis that are part of Labview library and are password protected. Usually I ignore the messages. I wonder why I see such messages.

Another question: in Labview 7.1.1 you can see entire hierarchy of the project you want to build an executable from just in the builder by exploring the table from the VI Settings. Is it possible to see similar thing in Labview 8.6? Or Labview 8.6 builds from entire project no meter if I set the builder in a certain way with only some vis from entire project?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,367 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Virginia_Solomon

Hi Virginia...,

did you check the field to change/remove the password?

The builder will only include the vi's from always included and all dependences of this plus all dynamically vi's with also all dependences.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,360 Views)
Thank you Mike!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,349 Views)