LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 8.5 FPGA - Fixed Point Math Library Installation

Hi,

I have both Labview 8.5 and the Labview 8.5 FPGA module installed on my Windows XP system.  I ran the installer for the Fixed Point Math library and have been unable to get it working.  Are there additional installation/import steps for this library that I am missing?

Thank you,

Travis
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,087 Views)
Hi Travis

I think this may be down to the order that you installed the module. This could be solved by mass compiling both the module and/or labVIEW itself. This should reroute all the functions to there correct positions within the folder structure and hence functions pallete. What kind of errors are you getting from your module - do you have error messages or is it just unrecognized?

These are the known common installation errors for the FPGA module - do any of them effect your situation: ?

Installation Issues

• TCP must be installed—Most Windows installations have TCP installed. The LabVIEW FPGA Module communicates with the LabVIEW FPGA Compile Server through TCP. If TCP is not installed, LabVIEW returns the Error Contacting Server message when it attempts to contact the LabVIEW FPGA Compile Server.
  • Slow installation/uninstallation progress—If you click the Modify button in the National Instruments Software dialog box, available in the Add or Remove Programs utility, after you install the LabVIEW FPGA Module, the installer can take up to 10 minutes to initialize without any change in the progress indicator bar.
  • Incorrect mutation—You must install LabVIEW 8.5 and then the FPGA Module 8.5 before you mass compile existing VIs. If you mass compile existing VIs before you install the FPGA Module 8.5, the following VIs might have mutation issues: Sine Wave Generator, Discrete Delay, Quantizer, Saturation Add, Saturation Subtract, Saturation Multiply, Look-Up Table 1D, Analog Period Measurement, Butterworth Filter, FIFO Read, FIFO Write, HDL Interface Node, Open FPGA VI Reference, Read/Write Control, Call VI, Close FPGA VI Reference, Invoke Method, Up Cast, FPGA I/O Method Node, and FPGA I/O Property Node.

I hope this has been some help, if not if you can describe how exactly your fixed point math library isnt working then I will try to advise further.

best regards

Graham Green

Sr. Product Marketing Manager

National instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,933 Views)
hi, where to download this math library ?

Message Edited by granix on 02-27-2008 03:50 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,309 Views)
Hi granix,

You can find the Fixed-Point Math Library here. I hope this helps!

Carla
Message Edited by Support on 05-26-2009 09:15 AM
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 4 of 5
(5,208 Views)
10x for info.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,110 Views)