LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 5 VI update help

Smiley Frustrated Why so sensitive!  This is an open internet forum so you should expect some occasional mis-communications.  Nobody insulted you, we're just telling you it like it is.

You said you could provide the VIs so just post them.  Maybe the changes will be simple and easy and you'll have a working program back in no time.  Worst case is you find out what you're up against. Smiley Wink

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(251 Views)

I don't have thin skin, or a love for delivering updates to obsolecent systems.  I've done the later on more than one occasion. 

I have had statements I've made miss-interperated before.  The OP was obviously put off by some turn of phrase I used to re-iterate the problem statement was unknown and could use careful investigation.  The scope of work may be 5 seconds and push solution!  The immediate flame-on response leads me to believe that  "The problem statement is unknown and could use careful investigation." 

Yet, rather than providing more details or researching the problem scope himself  (After I provided a link to the partner directory!)

SO, you want a cheap and easy solution to upgrade a system you have spent $0 maintaining in the last 15 years?  Try to get your oil changed for the first time on your 2001 Dodge Voyager mini-van with 300k+ miles on it.  I bet it needs a tow to the store where the tires can be replaced before you can drive it into the lube rack- IF the 5 year "Maintenance free"  battery will hold a charge long enough to flicker the hazzard lights twice.

Like I said! "That can get hairy very fast"

That was advice- the problem can get complicated.  I intended no insult and, I don't know anyone that would charge you for replacing the "Fallopnean tubes"  on that code if it needs a small tweak to meet your needs.

Oh, and I'm not really half bad at assessing these things.  You got the free thirty second consult.  Most Certified LabVIEW Consultants will offer some free evaluation and make recomendations to you after some opportunity to learn about YOUR needs and getting a grip on the scope of the project.

so "Luster This" my friend.  See that sig line?  earn the right to display any one of those!  but, seriously, no hard feelings.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(229 Views)