LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 23 communicating with Infineon Cypress CY7C65215 USB-serial dual port device.

Solved!
Go to solution

using Labview 23
Infineon Cypress CY7C65215 USB-serial dual port device.

Issue 1 - FYI
Both ports identify as "USB Serial Port" - one port is for serial communication the other is for Bluetooth.
Don't know which is which. This is an internal problem for us to fix.

Issue 2:
I can send commands to (via the cypress device) to the unit under test but there is no response(as expected). The attached vi does work with XR21V1410 USB UART.

I there a setting I need to change?

I have successfully got CVI working in communicating via this Cypress device.

Thanks,
Dennis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(555 Views)

Could it be that you forgot to append some termination character to your command and your device only will respond after it sees such a character at the end of a message?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(509 Views)

@Dennis1956 wrote:

using Labview 23
Infineon Cypress CY7C65215 USB-serial dual port device.

Issue 1 - FYI
Both ports identify as "USB Serial Port" - one port is for serial communication the other is for Bluetooth.
Don't know which is which. This is an internal problem for us to fix.

Issue 2:
I can send commands to (via the cypress device) to the unit under test but there is no response(as expected). The attached vi does work with XR21V1410 USB UART.

I there a setting I need to change?

I have successfully got CVI working in communicating via this Cypress device.

Thanks,
Dennis

Ad issue 1: As far as I can tell, your Infineon chip does not have bluetooth on it (https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/search.html#!term=cy7c65215), so I assume the bluetooth device is somewhere else on the board. Also, Infineon seems to provide tools to set up the behaviour of the chip (check the download section there).

Ad issue 2: Following from the assumptions made in issue 1, I recommend:

• Attaching an oscilloscope to all the lines of the chip and observe their behavior
  • If possible, linking the two serial channels together (also connect the flow control lines)
  • Checking the configuration tools offered by Infineon

My best guess is that there is a flow control mismatch between the port and the periphery devices.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(500 Views)

Why does CVI work but Labview doesn't?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(467 Views)

No that's not it. Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(466 Views)

@Dennis1956 wrote:

As you have not shown use the CVI program nor the LabVIEW program, all we can do is guessing and you got a few already. Dismissing them as “That’s not the problem” doesn’t add more information to offer new guesses. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(462 Views)

@Dennis1956 wrote:

You did not upload your code, so we can only guess.

Both guesses boil down to "Because the code does not do the same thing".

If you want better help, you need to first provide more details.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(409 Views)

See code below

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(402 Views)

Could you save the write.vi in LabVIEW 2020 or older? I can't look at it on this machine otherwise. But unless you do append \r\n to your cfg command in LabVIEW that is already your problem.

In your CVI program you send "cfg\r\n". Those \r\n have a special meaning in a C program indicating control characters and corresponding to the <carriage return> and <line fee> control character.

LabVIEW can do that too, but you need to put the according string control or constant into "Display \ Codes" mode. You either forgot to append those characters in your LabVIEW string that you send to your device, or you forgot to put it into "Display \ codes" before entering those characters. A LabVIEW string displaying Normal code, does not translate those \ character composites into a special control character but treats them literally as a backslash character and the according letter.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(391 Views)

That cfg command gets accepted by the UUT be the UUT does not reply with anything.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(385 Views)