LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2017 bug: floating windows with file dialog

When you have created a floating window with a path control and you click to browse a file the screen that pops up (the "Windows Explorer" file dialog stays behind the original floating window. This will cause problems when using it full screen or if the file dialog is completely behind the floating window. Please see attachement.

Message 1 of 2
(2,302 Views)

To be honest, this kind of stuff seems to happen with Windows in general.  In Windows 10, for instance copying files is a pain because the duplicate file dialog is no longer modal and always seems to appear behind everything.  So you wonder why it's not copying and you try it a few times only to discover that you now have 5 messages that are asking you how you want to handle the duplicate file.

With LabVIEW, it's more than annoying because it seems that this happens with modal dialogs, and usually you can't even tab to them.  It's not limited to LabVIEW 2017, either, although since I don't have LV 2017, I have no idea if it became more frequent or not.

I feel your pain.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2 of 2
(2,292 Views)