LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2017 Co-simulation Multisim VI

I am trying to build a hybrid power system with wind and solar power in Labview 2017. I have completed the Wind Turbine part of the system but I have some troubles with the PV. I built a circuit in Multisim 14.1 and I am trying to run co-simulation between the two programs. In Multisim I have already set the Labview terminal inputs and outputs. But when I go to use the Multisim Design VI, it is no where to be found. Was it erased from this version of Labview and replaced with something else? If not please let me know what have to do to get this to work.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,390 Views)

It seems like Multisim 14.1 and LabVIEW 2017 are not compatible : http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/491438E6CE27976E86257F850051026E

Also you need to make sure the LabVIEW Multisim co-simulation is installed on your PC

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,182 Views)

Follow the given tutorial, it worked for me. All you need is to carefully copy the files after installing Multisim for the older version directories to the similar directories in the installation folder of the LabVIEW 2017. 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Power-Electronics-Development/CoSimulation-Plugin-for-LabVIEW-2015/gpm-p/34...

Certified LabVIEW DeveloperCertified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,102 Views)

Hi there my friend, I got EXACTLY the same problem as you.

I've installed LabView 2017 with Control Design & Simulation module (also for LV2017).

My visualization of the problem:

MultiSim 14. DOES has compatibility with LabView 2016 when installed, however, to make possible to open this VI in LabView 2017, it is necessary to copy the VI file from LV2016 folder to LV2017 folder, then your problem may be solved.

To solve this problem I've spent one whole day trying to figure it out.

I will separate the solution into steps.

Keep in mind that I cannot guarantee that it will work if you don't have the Control Design & Simulation module installed, so make sure you have this module installed compatible with the same LabView version.

1. Copy the folder from the following address (it might be different depending on your computer, all you need to do is find the folder that LabView is installed):

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\vi.lib\Simulation\EMI\Plugins\Multisim Design

2. Paste it in LabView 2017 folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\Simulation\EMI\Plugins

3. Restart LabView

4. Now you may be able to open the VI (in block diagram code) by:

4.1 Create and Control Design & Simulation Loop (control & simulation module edge)

4.2 Open /Control Design & Simulation/Simulation/External Models/MultiSim/Multisim Design

Message 4 of 4
(2,929 Views)