From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2013 error 1304

Hi

I have the latest  version of Labview 2012 on my computer. It has been running well now for over 6 months. I now wish to update that with Labview 2013

First question do you have to remove Labview 2012 and two modules first before you install Labview 2013?

Problem 1.  Within a few minutes into the installation process l obtain error 1304. When reviewing the file location reported in the error popup, the file states its a Labview 2013 template. I do not how that occurred but l have installed the last critical updates for Labview 2013 including the NI 488 driver updates for Labview 2012

Problem 2. If you ignore error a second error box pops up with no code.

A month ago l contacted our local NI support but they could not help. I have been away for a month and now l was hoping to have the bug fixed. But it still occurs. I could not find anyone who has had this error in the search for errors. The closest was error 1303

So at the moment l cannot install Labview 2013.

Has anyone had this problem. The word file illustrates the pop up messages.

Regards

Wetland

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,419 Views)

You should not need to uninstall previous versions of LabVIEW before installing LabVIEW 2013.

Is it possible you were using a user account that did not have full administrative privileges?  I have seen errors like this on older versions of LabVIEW when tryng to install as a non-administrative user.  Sometimes IT departments limit user accounts that can cause issues like this.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,400 Views)

Hi

Thank you for your response. I am downloading Labview 2013 onto my own home computer using the supplied DVD.  I have full administrative privileges.

When l get Labview working at home l then download it at work. I cannot afford to have Labview not operating at work.

Last night l received a critical update for Labview 2013 patch f2. The update program seems to think l now have Labview 2013 installed. If l get no solutions to the problem l will install the patch just to see if that will fix the problem.

At the moment it seems that no one else is having the same problem since you are the first to respond. Thank you for your information

Regards

Wetland

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,394 Views)