LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2013 + Windows7, can't add file to llb

Very simple, I am trying to add VI file to LLB but instead of that Labview is trying to save VI file as LLB.

New feature of LV2013?  LLB's are not displaying as folders anymore? Bug?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(2,962 Views)

Hi,

to add a file to an LLB, select File»Save to save the file in a new or existing LLB.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(2,948 Views)

Note : You cannot undo changes you make using the LLB Manager window.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(2,943 Views)

Thank you for your readiness to help,
this is exactly what I have been doing on earlier versions of Labview for 15 years or so but it doesn't work on my current 2013 version.
This becomes really annoying when I can't do any simple action with Labview without wild shaman dance with tambourine.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(2,942 Views)

what is about converting the LLBs to and from directories ? You can add your VI to the directory and convert it back the llb

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(2,937 Views)

Try to open the LLB Manager window and then drag and drop your new VI into the existing llb. The VI and the llb file should be in the same directory.

Does this work?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(2,931 Views)

This is what I call "shaman dance with tambourine". Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(2,927 Views)

@hsm78 wrote:

Try to open the LLB Manager window and then drag and drop your new VI into the existing llb. The VI and the llb file should be in the same directory.

Does this work?

Nope

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(2,927 Views)

In old times I remember Windows were able to handle LLB files as folders, but my Windows7 can't.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(2,916 Views)

Hi,

Could you possibly add the LLB file and the VI to a project? Then drag the VI in the project into the LLB and save the LLB.

Kind Regards,

Larry Colvin
Associate Principal Engineer
Dyson Technology Ltd.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(2,879 Views)