From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2011 front panel issue

Solved!
Go to solution

I am running two vis on the same computer in LV2011. After acquiring some data one of the vis front panel doeesn't respond to mouse clicks. None of the buttons or tab controls.

I've seen this issue on a different computer running 2011 where one vi doesn't want to respond to anything and I must shut down LV through task manager.

I know this sounds vauge. The issues are on two completely different types of applications. One is talking to scopes and the other is HMI based talking to a PLC.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,325 Views)

My first thought, do any of the VI's have event structures with events set to lock the front panel until the event completes, but the event structure is in a part of the code that cannot be reached under the current program state (buried in event case, in a loop that can't be reached yet, ...)?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,311 Views)

The other issue could be a greedy loop. Do you have any loops that run without a wait or some other event type (queue, notifier, etc.) that will allow the scheduler to switch tasks?

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,306 Views)

Mark

That was my first thought but no...I have 200ms waits in the while loops.

Raven

I am currently looking at the event structures. After looking at one of the vis that is where my suspisions lay.

Alan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,293 Views)

Rereading my previous post, I said "buried in event case", but I meant "buried in a case structure".

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,290 Views)

The issue was an event structure that was waiting for something to happen that was buried.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,278 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alan_W

The issue was an event structure that was waiting for something to happen that was buried.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,278 Views)

Then please mark my post #2 as the solution to your problem.Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,272 Views)