LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2011 SP1

Solved!
Go to solution

Just wondering if anyone knows if\when Labview 2011 service pack will be available?  Have just got the cds for 2011 from it department, but realising that they often release a service pack in feb so don't want to waste a day installing the original on machines only to have to remove it again.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,384 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wideofthemark

Service Packs do generally get released, but NI don't pre-announce them. Installing LV2011 before the Service Pack isn't a big deal, you certainly don't need to "uninstall anything" before putting the Service Pack onto your computer. If you are including any addons or toolkits, these are generally not updated in the service pack so there are a number of good reasons to go ahead and put 2011 on your machine now.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 2 of 9
(3,359 Views)

Ok,

Thanks for that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,349 Views)

Is that really true for LabVIEW 2011 SP1?  Is it a seamless install where we don't have to mass compile all of our existing (LabVIEW 2011) VIs? 

I looked in the release notes, but couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,012 Views)
>> Is it a seamless install where we don't have to mass compile all of our existing (LabVIEW 2011) VIs?

I've never had to mass compile following a Service Pack, I just install these and go 🙂
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,005 Views)

That's good news then.  But how long have they been calling them Service Packs?  That's just since LV 2010 isn't it?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,997 Views)

At least since LV 2009.

Before that, I don't remember if they were so explicitly called service packs even if that is what they were.  They were just .1 versions.  So LV 8.6.1 was "service pack 1" for LV 8.6

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,991 Views)

Incidentally - In case anyone else saw this

I have to say the installation wasn't completely seamless for me.  It seemed to install everything but came up at the end and failed on updating drivers. I have had some weird crashes with the new version - i wonder if it is connected.

JP

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,980 Views)

The old point releases go back to the LabVIEW ancient times and I thought some of these were substantial enough to warrent VI recompiles.  That's what I was afraid would happen here and wanted to make sure that wasn't the case.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,960 Views)