LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2011 Run time Engine Installation Problem

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to install Labview 2011 Run time Engine as downloaded from here: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2534/lang/en

on my Windows 7 Pro laptop. I have the hard drive split in C and D drive with plenty of space on each.

Initially the office IT guy tried doing the installation as an administrator and for some reason installed to "D:\Program Files\National Instruments\" for some reason. It went through the installation with no errors but after restarting it seems only a couple of the components are installed. I have never installed anything else from NI on this computer, but after the installation I can only see NI Licence Manager and Datasocket under National Instruments in the Start menu. If I re-run setup it seems to think that everything is installed and that there is something there to remove, but there clearly isn't.

Afterwards the IT guy gave me administrator privileges on my account so I have been playing around with various combinations of uninstalling and re-installing myself but with the same result each time.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,364 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RobertD

Hi Robert,

you installed the RunTimeEngine.

What else do you expect to see in your Start menu after doing so? What do you miss?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 3
(2,362 Views)

Wow, it all just clicked in to place for me. I was trying to run a .vi file after installation and expecting it to work. Duh, I need to compile it into an executable first.

Many thanks for pointing out the thing that has been invisible but staring me in the face for the last 3 hours... Smiley Embarassed

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,359 Views)