LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2011 FDS (64bit) crashes when saving a vi with MATLAB node

After running a vi which includes a MATLAB node, the vi cannot be saved, because Labview crashes every time with error: "DAbort 0x1A7102DF in fpsane.cpp".

Why does a MATLAB node with simple array I/O corrupt LABVIEW's sanity ???

I have attached a minimum configuration, which gives a reliable crash. First run, then push save.

Configuration: Windows 7 (new installation), Labview FDS (64bit), MATLAB (64bit)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,176 Views)

I have the same problem. It only occurs when I have run my program first, stopped it and then try to save changes I have made to the block diagram (after stopping the program).

The crash is specific to something inside the program (doesn't occur in new and relatively simple VIs). 

I can work around it by only making changes to the block diagram before a run. And by restarting Labview after every run.

More details (from the log file): it appears to be related to fpsane.cpp line 469.

Does anybody know how to solve this?

Thanks,

Milan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,116 Views)

Do you use the same Configuration (Windows 7, 64-bit mode for Labview and MATLAB) ?

My workaround is currently the same as yours. But this is definitly not the way it should work.

I try to escalate the problem to NI support here in Germany. Hopefully we get some feedback.

Roman

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,113 Views)

I run nearly the same configuration: Windows 7 Enterprise, 64 bit, Labview 2011 (also 64 bit).

No Matlab though...

I tried to run your file, to see if I could find overlap with my own program. However, yours requires Matlab...which I dont have.

Milan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,110 Views)

I have exactly same problem. Is ANYBODY of NI going to respod / address the issue??

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,082 Views)

I have received a Service Request Number from NI, which means the problem is now in the pipeline. They are trying to reconstruct the issue, however NI-support in Germany is not allowed to install MATLAB (...!). The subject is escalated to US (hopefully THEY have MATLAB!). But no answer so far.

Roman

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,063 Views)

Well, I dont have Matlab and get the same error. I think this might be related to the known issue of LabVIEW 2010 32-bit in fpsane.cpp line 422, which was resolved in LabVIEW 2011 32-bit.

I think they overlooked the 64-bit version 🙂

Keep me posted!

Thanks

Milan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,058 Views)

did anybody could solve or got a work arround this problem?

I am getting the same error code when I use the Call Library Function to call external DLLs in my application.

I am using the following system configuration:

- Windows 7 32bit with SP1

- LabVIEW PDS 2011 32bit

Additionally to this error I am getting the following message (Ausnahme: Access violation (0xC0000005) bei EIP=0x00C0503F) (see attachments)

Note: calling the same DLLs using previous LabVIEW versions (8.2) works fine.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,993 Views)

hi,

i also had problems with crashing. i solved my problem for application with running labview.exe - 32-bit on na 64-bit machine (labview version: 2011).  

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,937 Views)

Same problem here, but no MatLab.  I got it when replacing a bitmap on the front panel with an updated version.  LabVIEW version 11.0.1f1.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
NI-VLM Administrator
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,875 Views)