From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView7.1 with NI Vision & NI IMAQ

Hello,

I am having LabView 7.1. In This Ni Vision and Ni-IMAQ drivers are installed but it is not having the Read file.

What should I do for video capture with my webcam? Any other module/software is required or not?

Please help me

"Thanks with regards "
by
..........Gireesh..........
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,311 Views)

I assume your WebCam is a USB Camera.

If so, you will need at least LabVIEW and the Vision Acquisition Software for 2009 to natively aquire images from your webcam - which has to have a DirectShow Interface.

The first version where this was possible was LV8.6 and the Vision Acquisition Software 8.6 with an additional IMAQ USB library

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,303 Views)

LabView7.1 having this.But I didn't get the read file. VAS8.6 is supportive or not for LV7.1. If it is not supportive then how it comes in LV7.1 example also available in LV7.1. 

"Thanks with regards "
by
..........Gireesh..........
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,297 Views)

Natively LV 7.1 as well as the Vision Development Module 7.1 does not support acquiring images from USB Cameras.

As I said you will need the the NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras 8.6, which does support LV 7.1

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,287 Views)