From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView to grab and save video to mpeg?

Hi Daniel,

In oder to use the filter in LabVIEW it has to be DirectShow compatible. We don't technically support xvid, but I looked into it and found some things that may help.

From the xvid website, it looks like you have to have the DirectX SDK installed, including the DirectShow SDK. If you can get xvid to be DirectShow compatible, you'll be able to use it from LabVIEW:

http://www.xvid.org/FAQ.42.0.html

Another option is to use FFDSHOW, which is like a wrapper for all non-directshow compatible codecs. So you can use the 'ffdshow video encoder' filter option in LabVIEW, then configure the FFDSHOW options externally from the start menu using "VFW configuration" to use whatever codec you like.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/

I hope this helps, have a good day!

Emily C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,126 Views)
Dear Emily Thank you very much for your reply. I download the Directshow SDK(March 2009) and installed in the computer but the Labview still can not list the XVID mepg4 fileter in the filter list. I have another problem is that i can not use what you said FF video or Intel Indeo(R) Video R3.2. when i press the SAVE button, the error will be occured. i attached my code and i am not sure whether you can help me to check what's the problem to cause this issue. I want to save the video to the hard disc and hope the file size as small as possbile. thanks Daniel
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,108 Views)

Hi Daniel,

What error do you see? As I explained before, XVID isn't technically supported. In order to work with LabVIEW, you need to make sure that what you are using is DirectShow compatible.

It may help you to open a new forum post so that more people see it on the front page. It's possible that someone else has done what you're trying to do and will be able to give more exact instructions.

Thank you,

Emily C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,094 Views)