LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView to Arduino

Hey Folks, I've made a VI on labview and sending it to a Arduino UNO board via linx makerhub, im using a ultrasonic sensor measuring distance, and it didn't work until i disconnected the Trigger wire and it works when im holding the wire in my hand but stops working when i l let go and works again whenever my hand gets close to the trigger wire. has anyone experienced the same or can you explain it

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(726 Views)

@Gabe777 wrote:

Hey Folks, I've made a VI on labview and sending it to a Arduino UNO board via linx makerhub, im using a ultrasonic sensor measuring distance, and it didn't work until i disconnected the Trigger wire and it works when im holding the wire in my hand but stops working when i l let go and works again whenever my hand gets close to the trigger wire. has anyone experienced the same or can you explain it

You disconnecting the trigger and effecting it by touching is a classic example of a "floating input" and why they should be avoided

I would say that either the trigger was miswired, or the trigger was inverted in the initial configuration. If it was tied low, tie it high, or invert your trigger pulse if that's what you were doing.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 2 of 3
(683 Views)

Hi what do you mean when you say "the trigger was inverted in the initial configuration. If it was tied low, tie it high, or invert your trigger pulse if that's what you were doing"

sorry but Im only new to LabView and Arduino.

Gabe777_0-1618173005053.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(651 Views)