LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView on Arduino

Hi

LabView Community version 32 bit

My first go at using this software.(keep in mind  Iam 77 yrs old and a bit slow in the brain matter department)  Need some direction as to which way to approach and any tutorials that do what I want to do.

I want to load LabView onto Arduino for a specific application.

I need something like this:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Mixed-signal-graph-Displaying-digital-busses/td-p/2760290?profile.l...

and set it up on LabView and then onto Arduino. As a basic structure (user form type thing)

Arduino will have a 4x4 keypad and will add data into its position in the data stream as required.

The basic format  I require to set up is as per attachments.  Use of the keypad will insert into the correct position in the bus etc.  Could be up to 5 numbers entered followed by an entry key

press.

The original structure in the attachments is for a 980s model railway controller called the Hornby Zero1.   What I will be trying to do is take the output from an original controller, feed into the Arduino, and from instructions on the keypad add it to the bust wires(2) that is the tracks of the train in which a loco receiver is onboard to receive and action as required.

Each loco has an ID address, forward or reverse and speed step 1-15.

Have more breakdowns of the code available.

At this point I would like comments on feasibility of doing this.  Mainly the first part of setting up the Arduino with  the specific app.

Will look at the issues with combining the Hornby  into Arduino and adding of new data,  at a later point.  Just get a sketch operating on Arduino that when a series of button presses carried out it will show on the monitor what is happening.

I guess getting LabView  structure set up first is priority.  Some advice on this needed.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(988 Views)

So you are trying to basically make a digital logic analyzer?

I think you are going to find LabVIEW and the LINX toolkit are rather slow for this application.

Last time I did anything with LabVIEW/LINX on an Arduino Uno I was getting about 200-250 Hz loop rates.

Not very fast for analyzing a digital logic bus

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(930 Views)

Hi RTSLVU

Thanks for your comments.  Was not aware of that.   Would there be another suitable processor instead of Arduino ?

Thanks

Charles

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(923 Views)

Honestly if all you are doing is reading the input state of a bunch of DIO pins, the native Arduino language might be fast enough.

Write some Arduino code that continuously reads the state of the DIO and just sends that over serial.

Then use LabVIEW to receive and display the DIO on your computer

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(908 Views)

Hi

Thanks again for info.

Have never thought of it that way.  Will check that out.  Still trying to get LabView on my Linux laptop  then I can do some experiementing.

Thanks

Charles

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(890 Views)

HI

Still trying to get LabView 2016RTE installed on my Linux Mint laptop.  (need 32 bit version)

Have tried lots of Linux commands but no success.  Do you know correct command to get the extracted tgz file, to install from a folder ?

Thanks

Charles

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(886 Views)