From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView freezing when adding DAQ Assistant. Need help.

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author dtawney

What I mean by “LabVIEW freezing” is that LabVIEW becomes unresponsive after adding the DAQ Assistant. No window popped up allowing me to designate whether I wanted analog output or analog input. I went and bought a new computer and it works fine. I’m assuming it was a computer issue because I went through and installed everything that same way I had been on the older computer and everything works fine now. I really appreciate your help with this!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(370 Views)

Great!  It usually isn't the case that one can "solve" a problem installing LabVIEW by buying a new computer.  However, I effectively did this twice in 2017 -- I installed LabVIEW 2017 on both my home PC and my laptop, NIPM barfed all over it ("Please check your Internet connection"), and I tried to remove all NI Software.  NIPM was brand new, and the "safe" way to remove NI Software (and NIPM) was not clear, so I tried "agressive Registry cleaning".  I got two "new" PCs out of it, as I ended up wiping the C: drives on both machine, reinstalling Windows 10, reinstalling all of my other Software, restoring my Profile, and then reinstalling LabVIEW.  I did not install LabVIEW 2017 for a full year, until (with lots of experimentation using Virtual Machines) I learned how to do it safely.  It can be done, but it isn't "intuitive" ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(361 Views)