LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView filling one tank which drains into another

Hello, I have 2 tanks where tank 1 will fill, then all the ammount present in tank 1 will be drained and fill the second tank (tank2). I have managed to do that as u can see in the .vi but now i want to make the tank values come from a cluster. I have tried but I keep getting errors of connection  and cant solve them. How can I use a cluster to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(887 Views)

Show us your failed attempt and we can help you make it not fail.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(883 Views)

You need to start with the basic tutorials first. One of the central features of LabVIEW is time, and you are running your code as fast as the computer allows, millions of time per second and correcting for it by dividing by gigantic numbers. Silly!

Your loop needs a wait e.g. (100ms) to have a defined loop rate. Now you can use reasonable units.

If the teacher tells you to use cluster, maybe you should learn about clusters. check your lecture notes or use the training resources listed at the top if the forum. Do you know what a cluster is?

If you get errors, you should show us the code with the errors so we can see what you are trying to do.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(880 Views)

For some ideas, study this image for code that works identically to yours but only uses clusters. (Personally, I would probably do it more scalable and quite differently ...)

No, I won't attach any VIs, but if you cannot reproduce this code from a picture, it's time to go back to the tutorials and learn something 😄

Good luck!

altenbach_0-1637181149963.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(848 Views)