LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Signal Interaction through DAQmx

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to use simple mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, division) to manipulate four signals at once. I have only been able to show the signals on a single graph, but I need the signals to interact. I am using a basic DAQmx oscilloscope. I will be using several different manipulations of the signals ([A+B]-[C+D], [A+D]-[B+C]...) and would like to fit that within a case structure as well, although that is not the part I am strugging with.

Any help or insight available would be just ducky

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,394 Views)

It's is hard to understand exactly what it is that you are struggling with. Are you using a multifunction DAQ card with DAQmx or an NI Scope card. They use different functions so your comment about a basic DAQmx oscilloscope is confusing. How do you want the signals to interact? Do you mean you want to show both original and modified signals to the same graph?

Why don't you attach the code you have written so someone can get a better idea of where you are.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,378 Views)

Fair enough. I am using a quad photo diode to isolate the horizontal and vertical motion of a laser. To that end, I am inputting 4 separate signals into the LabView VI that I am working with. What I would like out of the VI is an oscilloscope that is capable of adding four signals together so that there is one output wave rather than the four separate waves that I am currently getting.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,373 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IWUPhysics'13

Add and Subtract from the Numeric palette work on waveforms.  Is this what you wanted to know how to do?

Lynn

Add signals.png

Message 4 of 6
(2,362 Views)

Wonderful. Thank you very much; clearly many Kudos are in order.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,358 Views)

You are welcome.  This is very basic LabVIEW 101. I suggest you work through the Getting Started with LabVIEW tutorials on-line.  In the time it took you to get an answer here you could have learned about polymorphic functions and many other things.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,353 Views)