From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView + NI MyDAQ

Hey guys,

I have a project which requires me to:

- Build a 10k Wheatstone bridge with a thermister

- Suply 2.5V with the MyDaq to the breadboard

- Record, save and load the Voltage of the wheatstone bridge.

I opened a new project, created a VI, and opened two instances of DAQ assistance:

One to suply the 2.5V (which he doesn't let me, because I can only assign an interval of voltage, for example -2.5 to 2.5, but I would like to suply constant 2.5V), and another DAQ Assistance to make the reading of the voltage.

I connected the breadboard to the assigned ports on each DAQ Assistance, but it's still not working, I guess the problem is in the definition of the supply voltage.

I'm still also a little bit lost on how to define the range of measuring on the reader, the Wheatstone bridge have 3x 10K ohms resistors and a 10K Thermister. I used a wheatstone bridge calculator, and it gave me the output rangint from 0 to 10.000Ohms would be from -1.25V to 0.

I'm a little bit lost on how to build this project, could you give me some hints to help me build it and understand it?

Here are some screen shots:

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,416 Views)

You need to understand Hardware.  Do you have a volt-meter?  Do you know how to run MAX (the Measurement and Automation eXplorer)?  Try the following:

1. Open MAX.
  2. Find your myDAQ (plug it in, first).
  3. Open a Test Panel.
  4. Choose Digital Output, and choose an Output terminal.
  5. You should see that the Mode is "Voltage DC", the limits are ±10V, and it is set to output 1v.  Hook up a Voltmeter to the outputs and run the test.  You should get a 1 volt output.  How do you think you could get 2.5v?  Try it and see if it works.
  6. Now set up your DAQmx Task in your code in a similar fashion.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,395 Views)

Ended up powering the myDAQ with the MAX and not inside labview.

To whoever may facing some dificulties, here's the final VI:

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,353 Views)

Still regarding this VI i now came across with other error:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019NSeSAM

I'm having this error, and even with that explanation and image, I couldn't implement that into my VI to solve the problem. I can't seem to conect the EOF to the Reset with the loop.

Could somebody help me please? Here are the updated VI's:

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,349 Views)

Here I stry to explain a little bit better what I need:

To read the data, I created a VI with "Read File From Measurement", it's reading from LVM. And the first time I do it, it's completly fine. But, the second time, it just crashes! After a deep look at it, I learned that's what happens is that it doesn't automatically start to see from the start each time, so the first time it starts to read from position 0 to 512, and the second time he tries to start to read from position 513, which doesn't exists, and crashes!

What I wanted to happen? To restart the reading position to zero each time it reads!

The answer to the problem? Literally what is specified in this topic: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019NSeSAM

But I can't really put that to work in my VI, even with the image!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,334 Views)